Compandben Payroll Partner
Payroll Services France
Welcome to the Compandben HR Consultancy and Payroll Services in France
Our French Speaking Team
HR Payroll Outsourcing Consultant
John is the head of Compandben and is fluent in French, having been an International HR Manager in Paris for 10 years, covering over 140 countries. He then moved to Geneva and founded Compandben in 2001. Prior to his spell in Paris John spent 8 years in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia managing HR in the national airline Saudia.
Francophone Client Service
Anab, fluent in French, is based in Geneva and provides marketing, project management and account management for Francophone clients and potential clients. She comes from the watch industry which is based around Geneva and worked for 5 years for the Helvetic Consulting Group before joining Compandben in Geneva.
Compandben SA & International
Global Operations Manager
Luke Chitty is British but studied both French and German to degree level in Leeds University in UK. He is with Compandben for 3 years and his role is that of project manager, and account manager for both clients of Compandben SA in Switzerland and Compandben International In UK. Married with one child, he is based in Scotland in UK.
Angelica de Vrij
Compandben SA & International
Invoicing & Payments
Angelica has worked for Compandben for 5 years after completing a business degree in the Universidad Europea in Madrid. She is Peruvian so her native language is Spanish but has lived in Brussels for several years and so is now fluent in French as well as English. She has also recently obtained a Masters degree from Brussels university.
2 partner firms for Accounting Services
1 company for HR Support
2 partner firms dealing with Employer of Record services , and
Accounting ServicesFrance has an aggressive fiscal authorities and also has one of the highest mandatory Employer social security charges 46-50% of gross remuneration.
Our service is especially geared to country based branches or subsidiary-for instance we recently made a proposal to a client for…
- Monthly bookkeeping : 400-500 invoices and bank statement from 2 banks;
- Preparation of local VAT returns and submission of the request for reimbursement of intra-community VAT ;
- Preparation of the Intrastat declarations ;
- Preparation the yearly tax returns and annual financial statements ;
- Customizing of tax submissions for full legal compliance but also for tax effectiveness
- Follow up of operating units for timely and correct receipt of documentation, signatures and back up data.
Employer of Record Services
Employer of Record Services France
The Compandben Employer of Record Services in France will employ staff on behalf of clients, so that the client does not need to set up a legal entity there. It is one of Compandben’s most successful countries, helped by the fact that several of Compandben staff at “head office” are fluent in French, If you contact us we will happily provide copies of typical employment contracts and sample salary sheets.
French Employment Contracts
Foreign companies often worry about the security of employment in France- thinking it is difficult to terminate staff. They often therefore elect to have fixed term contracts-eg 6-12 months. The trouble with this approach is that :
- It is difficult to attract the best talent: employees will not easily trade “secure” employment for effectively temporary employment.
- Probationary Periods for fixed term employment is limited to 1 month whereas normally probationary periods are of 3 month’s duration.
- There is a 10% Prime de Precarité -literally a precariousness bonus of 10% of all remuneration over the period of the employment -UNLESS the employment becomes “permanent”.
FRANCE FACT SHEET
- President: Emmanuel Macron (2017)
- Land area: 210,668 sq. mi (545,630 sq. km); total area: 211,209 sq. mi (547,030 sq. km)
- Population (2011 est.): 65,630,692 (growth rate: 0.5%); birth rate: 12.72/1000; infant mortality rate: 3.37/1000; life expectancy: 81.46; density per sq. km: 100
- Capital and largest city (2003 est.): Paris, 9,854,000 (metro. area), 2,110,400 (city proper)
- Other large cities: Marseille, 820,700; Lyon, 443,900; Toulouse, 411,800; Nice, 332,000; Nantes, 282,300; Strasbourg, 272,600; Bordeaux, 217,000 Monetary unit: Euro (formerly French franc)
France is about 80% the size of Texas. In the Alps near the Italian and Swiss borders is western Europe’s highest point—Mont Blanc (15,781 ft: 4,810 m). The forest-covered Vosges Mountains are in the northeast, and the Pyrenees are along the Spanish border. Except for extreme northern France, the country may be described as four river basins and a plateau.
Three of the streams flow west—the Seine into the English Channel, the Loire into the Atlantic, and the Garonne into the Bay of Biscay. The Rhône flows south into the Mediterranean. For about 100 mi (161 km), the Rhine is France’s eastern border. In the Mediterranean, about 115 mi (185 km) east-southeast of Nice, is the island of Corsica (3,367 sq. mi; 8,721 sq. km).