PEO Payroll Provider Uganda

Compandben Payroll Partner


The Compandben International Payroll Partner Uganda…

The Compandben Employment Services Provider for Ugandawill employ staff on behalf of clients, so that the client does not need to set up a legal entity in Uganda

Employment Services in Uganda

is a company based near Nairobi that can also provide Employment Service whereby staff can be employed on behalf of the Clients.

Income tax and Statutory deductions in Uganda

1. Income tax/PAYE

The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) is responsible for the administration and collection of different taxes including income tax. Income tax is a direct tax on individuals and limited companies. Below are the tax brackets and amounts per month.
Monthly taxable income (UGX) Tax rate
UGX 0 - 235,000 NIL
UGX 235,000 - 335,000 10%
UGX 335,000 - 410,000 20%
UGX 410,000 -10,000,000 30%
UGX 10,000,000 and Above 40%

2. Pension and social security

The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is a quasi-government agency responsible for the collection, safekeeping, responsible investment, and distribution of retirement funds from employees of the private sector in Uganda who are not covered by the Government Retirement Scheme. Participation for both employers and employees is compulsory. The total contribution is equal to 15% of an employee's gross salary, with the employer contributing 10% and the employee 5%.

3. Occupational accidents and Health

In Uganda, employers are required to obtain and maintain an insurance policy with an insurer approved by the Government in respect of any liability that the employer may incur. This is for the purpose compensating workers who suffer occupational injuries arising out of and in the course of their employment in accordance with the worker’s compensation Act 2000. • Notice of Accident by Employee to Employer - Written or verbal notice of any occupational disease or accident must be given by or on behalf of the employee concerned to the employer after such a disease or accident happens. • Notice of injury or accident by employer to the Labour office -An employer must report the accident to the labour office as soon as is reasonably practicable. • Examination and treatment - Employee must avail themselves at the medical practitioner’s office for thorough examination. • Compensation -The compensation to be provided will be determined as per the Act

Contact Compandben

John Tinsley
Compandben HR Consultancy
5 Rue de L’Orangerie
1202 Geneva
+41 79285 9713 CH
+44 79581 73708 UK